The Scuttle Sisters, LLC
Effective Date Feb 1, 2021, updated on June 24, 2021 (Original Privacy Notice)
This Privacy Notice (“Notice”) explains how The Scuttle Sisters, LLC (“The Scuttle” or “we” or “us” or “our”) collects, uses, shares, secures and otherwise processes your personal information. Unless otherwise stated, this Notice applies to our website, https://thescuttle.com/, (the “Site”), our mobile application, The Scuttle: Life. Organized (“App”), and to our others products or services that reference this Notice (collectively, the Site, the App, and our other products and services are hereinafter called the “Services”).
This Notice it is part of our Terms of Service. Any capitalized terms not defined in this Notice have the meaning set out in our Terms.
Where applicable, you consent to the use of your personal information as described in this Notice, so we encourage you to read this Notice and our Terms of Service fully.
1. Information that we collect.
We collect personal information to provide the Services to all of our users. If you are visiting our Site, using our App or otherwise interacting with our Services, you are a user of our Services, and this Notice applies to you and your personal information.
What is “personal information”? In this Notice, we’ll use the term “personal information” to mean any information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify you. Personal information does not include information that has been irreversibly anonymized or aggregated so that it can no longer enable us, whether in combination with other information or otherwise, to identify you.
The personal information we collect broadly falls into the following categories:
- Information you provide to us: When you use our Services, you can choose to provide personal information to us. For example, this information may include your:
- Contact information (such as your name, address, email address, phone number);
- Account login credentials (such as your email address or username and password when you sign up for an account with us);
- Marketing information (such as your contact preferences);
- Content (such as texts, images, graphics, logos, videos, music, documents, contacts, and any other information you choose to upload or otherwise submit to the Services);
- Troubleshooting and support data (which is data you provide or we otherwise collect in connection with support queries we receive from you. This may include contact or authentication data, the content of your chats and other communications with us, and the product or service you are using related to your help inquiry); and
- Payment information (If you choose to subscribe to fee-based portions of the Services, purchase a subscription to the Services as a gift, or purchase add-on products or services, you will also be asked to provide (at a minimum) your name and payment information, which may include your credit card number, associated identifiers and billing address).
- Third-Party Personal Information: Certain features of our Services may allow you to provide personal information about another person. By providing another person’s personal information to us, you confirm that you have all necessary rights and permissions to provide such information. If you choose to provide this information, we may store and use the information for the purposes of providing the Services to you.
- Information we collect as you use our Services:
- Location Information: When you create an account or provide your payment information in connection with the Services, you may provide us with your zip or postal code. We may also collect location information from devices you use while accessing the Services. Depending on the device and operating system, device-based location information may be derived from GPS and nearby wireless signals such as cell towers, Wi-Fi networks, and Bluetooth beacons. We will not collect your device-based location information unless you have permitted the App to access location services on your device. You can disable this access at any time in your system settings. Additionally, in some cases, your location within a geographic block may be approximated from the IP address currently assigned to your device.
- Device Information: When you access and use the Services from a computer, mobile phone, tablet, automobile, or other electronic device (“device”), we and our third-party partners may automatically collect or receive certain information about the devices you use to access the Services and your usage of the Services. For example, our servers receive and store information about your computer and browser, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type, and other related software or hardware information. If you access the Services from a device, we may collect and store information such as device type, operating system version and type, unique identifiers (such as mobile advertising, VIN, and MAC address), carrier, and other related information for that device.
- Information we collect from other sources: We may receive or collect information about you from third parties, and combine and store it on our servers with other information we may have already received or collected from you. For example, these third parties may include:
- Service providers that provide or make available advertising, analytics, or other features and functionality, and content on or through the Services;
- Third-party social media websites, applications, or services that you use, when we allow those websites, applications, or services to interact through our Services to provide personalized services to you. In some cases, those websites, applications, or services may automatically provide us with information about you to facilitate personalization unless you use the controls available on those websites, applications, or services to opt-out of such sharing;
- People who store or post information about you as part of the Content that they chose to upload or otherwise submit to the Services.
2. How we use personal information.
We may use the personal information we collect or receive through the Services (alone or in combination with other data we source) for the purposes identified below:
- To provide and improve the Services, and to develop new products and services;
- To facilitate the creation of and secure your account on the Services;
- To customize and personalize the advertising and other content we deliver to you both on the Services and on other services offered by our partners. We use this information to provide you with relevant and interesting advertising and other content;
- To measure and analyze usage of the Services and enhance your experience with our Service;
- To fulfill your requests and communicate with you, such as distributing electronic newsletters, marketing our Services, and enabling you to participate in and renew paid services, surveys, and public forums;
- To send you information that you requested or agreed to receive;
- To alert you to the latest developments and features on our Services and to notify you of administrative information, such as security or support and maintenance advisories;
- To enforce compliance with our Terms of Service and/or applicable law;
- To protect, exercise, or defend our legal rights;
- To protect the public interest; and
- To fulfill legal or regulatory requirements to which we are subject.
By accessing and using our Services, you expressly consent to the uses stated in this section.
3. Sharing of personal information.
We may share your personal information as follows:
With Other Users of our Services with Whom You Interact
With other users of our Services with whom you interact through your own use of our Services. For example, we may share your Content when you chose to collaborate with another user of the App, such as by sharing a Scuttleboard.
With Third Party Contractors and Services Providers
With third parties in furtherance of the purposes described in Section 2, above. For example:
· Google Cloud + Firebase: We use Google Cloud + Firebase as our App development and hosting platform. Google has implemented and will maintain administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to protect information associated with our App, including your personal information. For more information about Google’s data practices, please visit: https://firebase.google.com/support/privacy
· MailChimp: We may use MailChimp to send emails on our behalf, such as email verification, password reset and welcome email; and other potential marketing messages where you have given your consent for us to do so. For more information about MailChimp’s data practices, please visit: https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
With Third Party Advertisers and Analytics Providers
We also share information about your use of our Services with our social media, advertising and analytics providers who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their services. Examples of these third-party providers include:
· Google Analytics: We use Google Analytics to understand how our Services perform and how you use them. To learn more about how Google processes your data, please visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. To opt out of Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
· MixPanel: We use MixPanel to monitor how you use our App, so we can improve our Services and help to make sure they work when you need to use them. Please visit https://mixpanel.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
· Facebook: We use Facebook to advertise and market our Services. We may use Facebook Pixel to understand what kind of actions you are taking with Facebook ads and services, Signals by Facebook to better understand what subject matter you are interested in, and Facebook Conversion Tracking to monitor performance of Facebook ads and services. To learn more about how Facebook uses your data please visit https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/or log on to your Facebook account and access your settings. To understand more about Facebook advertising please see here https://www.facebook.com/about/ads.
This Notice does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, third-party cookies, web beacons, or other tracking technologies, which are covered by such third parties’ privacy policies. For more information, we encourage you to check the privacy policies of these third parties to learn about their privacy practices. For more information about targeted advertising specifically, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
This Notice also does not apply to personal information collected by Apple. More details follow:
· Apple. Currently, our App is available for download in the Apple App Store and is designed to work with Apple’s Face ID (“Biometric Authentication Tools”). You may chose to access our App using Face ID (Apple) if (1) your device supports the Biometric Authentication Tools, and (ii) you choose to enable the Biometric Authentication Tools functionality on your device and confirm that you want to use the Biometric Authentication Tools to sign into our App. Face ID is an authentication tool provided by Apple and is governed by Apple’s policies related to its use.
Apple’s policies and information concerning Face ID can be accessed by clicking on the following link:
The Scuttle has no control over the Biometric Authentication Tools and does not have access to any biometric data that may be retained by such tools. We are not responsible for any issues arising from your decision to use the Biometric Authentication Tools to access our App, and The Scuttle shall not be liable for any unauthorized access to or unauthorized use of your biometric data that is caused by your use of the Biometric Authentication Tools.
With Law Enforcement When We Believe That Such Disclosure is Necessary
We may share your personal information with others when we are required to provide information in response to comply with the law, applicable regulations, governmental and quasi-governmental requests, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other applicable law or legal process; or when we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, property or safety or the rights, property or safety of our users or others.
With Others in the Event of a Business Transfer or Corporate Change
We also reserve the right to share or transfer any personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, as well as in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy, or receivership in which personal information would be transferred as an asset of The Scuttle.
4. Security of personal information.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, including encrypting the Content that you upload or otherwise submit to the App, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
5. How long we keep personal information.
We keep your information only so long as we need it to provide our Services to you and fulfill the purposes described in this Notice. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, we’ll either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we can’t identify you.
6. Our policy on children’s information.
Our Services are not intended for children under 13 years old. Parents and legal guardians are encouraged to monitor their children’s internet use and assist in helping us enforce this restriction.
7. Users outside of the United States.
At this time, our Services are not intended for use by individuals outside the United States of America or its territories.
8. Your privacy under state laws.
Depending on where you reside, you may have certain rights or options regarding your personal information, such as the right to request access, correction, deletion, or other actions with respect to your personal information, and you may exercise the rights available to you depending on applicable law with regards to the personal information we collect.
To exercise your rights, including to make a request to access, delete, update or correct your personal information, or to ask for portability of your personal information, or to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation, please contact us at privacy@theScuttle.com. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. Some of your rights may be subject to exception and limitation. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
Please see below for additional provisions, as required under the consumer privacy law of your state.
California Residents: Your rights under Cal. Civ Code § 1798.83 (Shine the Light law): We only share personal information (as defined in California Civil Code Section 1798.83) with third parties for direct marketing purposes if you either specifically opt-in, or are offered the opportunity to opt-out and elect not to opt-out of such sharing at the time you provide personal information or when you choose to participate in a feature on the Services. If you do not opt-in or if you opt-out at that time, we will not share your personal information with that identified third party for direct marketing purposes.
Your rights under Cal. Bus. & Prof. Code § 22575(b) (“Do Not Track” Browser Settings): You are entitled to know how we respond to “Do Not Track” browser settings. Like many other websites and online services, we do not currently alter our practices when we receive Do Not Track signals as there is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit https://www.allaboutdnt.com/.
Nevada Residents: If you are a resident of Nevada, you may apply limits to the sale of certain personal information to third parties for resale or licensing purposes, subject to applicable law. The Scuttle does not sell your personal information for such use.
What are cookies?: “Cookies” are small files or pieces of text that download to a device when a user accesses a website or app. These technologies are able to store a unique identifier for a device to allow a website to recognize the device whenever the device is used to visit the website. We collect information using cookies and similar tracking technologies provided to us by our service providers. We may use these tracking technologies for various purposes, including remembering information that will make your use of the Site more convenient and to track the total number of users of our Site on an aggregate basis. You can find more information about cookies and how they work at www.allaboutcookies.org.
How to control cookies on your device: You can review your settings to exercise the choices you have for certain cookies. If you disable or delete certain cookies, you might not be able to access or use features of the Services.
This Notice and our Services may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third party vendors and other third parties (the “External Sites“). Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other External Sites.
11. Changes to this Notice.
Amendment: The Scuttle may, in its sole discretion, amend this Privacy Notice at any time. If we make changes to this Notice, we will post an updated Notice. You should periodically review this Notice for the latest information on our privacy practices. The updated Notice will become effective as of the date stated in the Notice and following any additional steps we may be required to take under applicable law.
Recent changes: We added more details about our privacy practices.
12. How to contact us.
If you have questions about this Notice or about The Scuttle’s privacy practices, you can contact us by email at privacy@theScuttle.com.